Childhood Memories

By Saima Naveed

Ah…childhood…the best part of your life. No worries no tensions all fun and enjoyment. Today I found a bag in my mother’s cupboard which was full of old albums. Opening one of them brought a big smile on my face, it was the album of me with my class mates when we went to a trip, don’t know where, when I was in 3rd or 4th grade. I was shocked to see myself, in those pictures: short hair, chubby and dark complexion. And the most amazing part was my friends in those pictures; I never thought I had those memories stored.
The next album I opened was of Eid-ul-Fitr. I would be around 13 years old and gosh look at me and my family members, my elder brother is looking so cute and naïve and my younger brother so young and as naughty as ever. In some pictures me and my sis is making funny pictures, few others pictures have we all five (we are total 5 brother and sisters; 2 brothers and 3 sisters) posing towards the camera as if we are the most stunning individuals. Lol we are all looking so funny and yet I like myself better that way.
My younger brother’s birthday pix were in the next album. Homemade cake, which my elder sister used to bake, one small gift, financed by my father, and face smeared with cream and yet the birthday boy is smiling and is happy to be photographed that way. God those days were amazing!
Oh and now I have the funniest pictures. Random pictures of we all dancing like maniacs, modeling in school uniforms, wearing our fathers old fashioned specs, which we stole from his drawer…and the list is infinite I would say!!! In a few pictures even my dad is participating in the clownish attitude of ours, I never thought my dad would actually while being photographed! Well that’s what you call childhood memories!
Here comes the time which I miss the most today, our trips out of Lahore, to a small area known as Pindi Bhattian. My father owns a few acres of land there and we used to go to their twice or thrice a year. The album was full of my all brothers and sisters running around in the fields, posing in front of tube wells, sitting in the small hut and eating raw sugar cane. Even my mother was eating it with us in one of the pictures.
I went through all the albums one at a time, chuckling and laughing at almost all of them. My dad looking so handsome, my mom so beautiful, my elder sister always funny, my elder brother so naïve, me looking so silly, my younger sister looking so adorable and my younger brother always naughty!
I put all the albums back in the bag and back in the cupboard. I was about to close the cupboard when I spotted another bag full of pictures. Then I remembered there is another set of pictures, which were even older than these. With a big smile on my face I reached for those pictures and here I go again….

Comments

  1. i do miss that tym but time never stop and vll get more memories to build..

    show must go on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely the best times of our lives. childhood memories always bring alot of joy and happiness. all the silly things we used to do together and enjoy as kids........

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment